- The triennial national Conference of the Uniting Aboriginal and Islander Christian Congress (UAICC) which meets from July 3 – 12. God’s leading as they make important decisions about the shape and resourcing of the national work of Congress. For a clear vision and a sense of God’s leading into its fulfilment.
- Pray for the small group leaders, members of the facilitation group, chaplains and the many other roles that are required in order for the Assembly to function effectively as a community of faith seeking the will of God.
- Pray for the local Administrator, Mrs Gwenda Kerley, the arrangements Committee and volunteers as they bring all the loose ends of a complicated event together to the glory of God.
- The President – elect,
Rev. Andrew Dutney, as he continues his preparation for taking up the office of President on July 15. That the Lord of the church who has called him will grant him peace, wisdom, grace and peace as he proceeds through these final stages of preparation.
- For the 280 voting members of the Assembly as they receive their papers and make their plans to attend. Pray for openness to the Holy Spirit’s leading and a heart for discernment as they undertake their responsibilities at the 13th Assembly meeting.
- Pray with thanksgiving for the work of the many Agencies, Working Groups and Committees that enable to work of the Assembly, and church, to be advanced through their gifts, dedication and hard work. They present their reports on Tuesday and Wednesday July 14 and 15.
- Pray for the four nominees for President – elect; and any others who are nominated after this list was established. They are
RevDr Chris Walker(from NSW / ACT), RevDr Anita Monro (from NSW / ACT), RevKen Williams (from WA) and Mr Stuart McMillan (from the Northern Synod) that the Lord of the church will uphold them as they go through this process and that the Holy Spirit will guide the members of the Assembly about who is to be elected as President – elect. The first ballot will be Wednesday July 15.
- Remember the General Secretary and the staff of the Secretariat as they manage the process for the Assembly preparations. Pray for the General Secretary as he awaits the discernment of the church about whether he should receive an extension for another three year term from the end of 2012.
- Pray with thanks for, and on behalf of, Frontier Services as it brings a proposal that the UCA recommit itself to standing in support with the people of remote Australia, in this the centenary year of the foundation of the Australian Inland Mission (of which it is a successor organisation).
- Pray for UnitingWorld and its staff as it brings together a program for the 40 plus overseas visitors from our partner churches who will be in attendance and all the practical arrangements.
Prayer Points - localThursday, 24 May 2012
Please include some of these prayer points for the church in Australia in your prayers.